Translation Project Manager – Thousand Oaks
We are currently looking for an in-house Translation Project Manager for our new office in Thousand Oaks California.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate with experience in Translation Project Management. In addition to salary we provide a bonus based on company results. We offer company-sponsored health and dental insurance and flexible working hours. Each year you will receive a one week training at our offices in The Netherlands or Germany. Furthermore, we offer annual salary reviews.
Please note: If you are offered employment with us, it may be contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment background screenings.
Project Managers at Fasttranslator excel at multi-tasking in our fast-paced environment. They value the variety of tasks that they get from this role, and they love the many different hats that they get to wear. Project Managers are not only managing translation projects from start to finish, but they are also managing our client accounts and communicating with our clients on a regular basis. Project Managers must have strong technical skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. SDL Studio (Trados) or other translation software experience is required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. They are tech-savvy and willing to learn.
Typical aspects of the job
- Organization and execution of complex projects and independent management of non-complex projects
- Active management of accounts including assigning translation teams and negotiating schedules and rates with external vendors
- Maintaining Translation Memory and Glossary files
- Support estimate analysis and preparation
- Conducting Quality Control checks on projects and proofreading as needed
- Maintaining accurate and up to date administrative tasks
Basic requirements of this role
- College degree (BA, BS) and/or degree in Translation/Interpretation or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English, additional languages a plus
- Proficient computer skills (MSOffice applications and DTP applications)
- CAT tool experience (Trados Studio, MemoQ …)
- Strong organizational and communication skills along with the ability to prioritize under pressure
- Commitment to professional customer service
- 2-3 years prior experience in translation project management
The position is onsite in Thousand Oaks and does NOT offer visa sponsorship or telecommuting.
To apply please provide the following
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for us
- Salary history and requirements
Our expert is ready to answer any questions that you may have.
Send Erwin an email